Subject: Re: Booing at the Met
From: Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 28 Oct 2017 08:28:41 -0400

Ah, but so many of those ladies in the audiences have come only for that
tenor / false conductor that the floor will be covered in drool and their
bravos will overcome your boos.   The cult of personality doesn't rely on
taste.....

(I was in the audience at one of these travesties -- somehow I scored in the
first row -- and the ladies seated next to me rarely looked at the stage.
All they could concentrate on was the back of this 'conductor'.  They barely
moved during the curtain call under he arrived on stage and then they jumped
to their feet and screamed bravos as if that would correct the mess from the
podium that the rest of us had endured for the entirety of the opera.  I
doubt many of them could even name the opera they were experiencing....)