Subject: Re: Booing at the Met
From: Tom Frey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 28 Oct 2017 00:32:51 -0400

Tosca could have pulled out the knife she stabbed Scarpio with. That would not be as bizarre as a gun as the soldiers usually carried rifles which are awkward for suicide. I do recall a Carmen where the tenor, David Polero, got angry with the conductor and stormed off stage leaving the Carmen to stab herself for no sensible reason. All in a day's work.