Subject: Re: The Ponnelle "Dutchman" 1979 and booing
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 27 Oct 2017 18:08:27 +0000

Donald

I cannot answer all your questions, but, the Ponnelle production
was presented in only one season, 1979. The Everding production,
the one encased in snow and ice, whose visual aspects I loved, was
presented for the first time in 1989. I believe it is the one still in
use, but I won't swear to that. So, unless you saw Hollander at the Met
in 1979, you did not see the Ponnelle poduction, and you missed very
little ;-)

Bob