Subject: Seattle Opera's Barber
From: Jason Victor Serinus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 26 Oct 2017 21:12:06 -0700

We saw the second cast on Sunday. The singers were excellent. It was their
scrupulous attention to detail, nuance, and character-building that
compensated for a hyperkinetic, semi-slapstick production that was both
engaging and exhausting. I would have liked more bel canto give and take in
"Una voce poco fa" and other arias, rather than strict tempo, but the
approach certainly complemented the non-stop production.
---
Jason Victor Serinus http://www.jasonserinus.com     Whistler
Extraordinaire: **The Voice of Woodstock • The Pavarotti of Pucker**
Music and audiophile critic: Port Townsend Leader, Stereophile, Listen, San
Francisco Classical Voice, Bay Area Reporter, Gay City News, American
Record Guide, Classical Voice North America, Stanford Live, Opera Now,
Copper, and more

"Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the
tormentor, never the tormented.” — Elie Wiesel

“This is a time to remember all of us who are LGBTQ. It’s a time to stand
out and be proud, to parade who we are, to celebrate and to let them know
we will not be silenced, we will not be stopped, we will not go back into
the closet. Together, we will love.” — JVS at our Orlando Massacre Support
Rally in Port Townsend, WA