Subject: Re: Seattle Opera 'Barber of Seville'
From: Olga Bourlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 26 Oct 2017 19:28:37 -0700

Joel, I saw Seattle Opera's "The Barber of Seville" and thought it was
swell. And Seattle's longtime music critic Melinda Bargreen thought so, too:

*https://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/classical-music/seattle-opera-offers-an-action-packed-barber-of-seville/
<https://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/classical-music/seattle-opera-offers-an-action-packed-barber-of-seville/>*

*A twentysomething woman who sat next to me was hooping and hollering after
every energetic aria (I can't say I remember her particular style of
appreciation at any opera I've been to in the past).*

*Because I know several people who are apt to suffer seizures triggered by
flashing visual stimuli, I thought the staging was a tad overdone,
especially - at one point - strobe lights! *