Subject: Re: On behalf of Stefan Zucker
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 26 Oct 2017 16:45:34 -0400

There was booing when a topless female dancer appeared onstage in the "Las
Vegas" production of RIGOLETTO four years ago. I heard it on the prima
broadcast. A couple of weeks or so later, I was in the house and there was
no booing at that point but, probably even worse for this poor dancer, a
very loud laughter from the audience. I felt bad for her because she must
have felt embarrassed for people were laughing at her, but I must say that
it was indeed at odds with the spirit of the opera and their reaction was
spontaneous. I believe this idea of having a topless pole dancer has been
dropped from the production by now.

Vesna