Subject: Re: On behalf of Stefan Zucker
From: David Kubiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 26 Oct 2017 14:47:51 -0400

Scotto was booed all right -- you can here her quite unbelievably bad 'Casta
Diva' cabaletta and the ensuing audience reaction on YouTube.

David Kubiak

On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 11:59:42 -0500, Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>If I'm not mistaken, Renata Scotto was given a very bitter and hostile
reception on the evening of opening Norma in 1981 ---------- so bad that she
abandoned the role and never (I believe) went near it again.

>     But I have to go with Idia on this.  The guy who tossed the ashes into
the pit .............. is lucky that he didn't spend a year at Riker's
Island.  What could that poor soul have been thinking?????????????  And in
THIS day and age????????

>> On October 26, 2017 at 11:03 AM Idia Legray wrote:
>>

>>     Really?
>>     Well, Stefan luv, I was up close when the audience was truly cruel to
>>     Domingo who was the conductor of a Netrebko/Villazon "La Boheme".
>>     They booed him but good! Very uncomfortable feeling.
>>     Another disruption that actually became viral, were certain "planned"
>>     audience members put there to destroy the opening night of "Death of
>>     Klinghoffer".
>>     But the coup was the evening that, during intermission, a dedicated
>>     operagoer innocently sprinkled what looked like talcum powder into
the pit
>>     all over instruments etc. (it actually was his lover's cremated
ashes), and
>>     cleared the place out before the last act of "Guillaume Tell".

a message to [log in to unmask] mailto:[log in to unmask] .org
>>     containing only the words: SIGNOFF OPERA-L
>>     To stay subscribed but TURN OFF mail, send a message to
>>     [log in to unmask] mailto:[log in to unmask] .org
containing only the words: SET OPERA-L NOMAIL
>>     Modify your settings:
http://listserv.bccls.org/archives/opera-l.html<hr style="height: 0; border:
0; border-top: 1px solid #aaa; margin: 8px 0;">