Subject: Paul Grove, A query
From: MARVIN FREID <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 25 Oct 2017 19:16:26 -0700

We will be in Amsterdam in early June, 2018.  The Malmo Symphony will perform a concert version of Berlioz’s Damnation with Terfel, Sophie Koch, and Paul Groves at the Concertgebouw.  The tenor has a lot to do in this piece and Groves has been singing for a very long time. Is his voice still serviceable?  Our unfortunate experience with Shicoff’s Hoffmann 2 years ago in an otherwise lovely production in Vienna has left me gun shy.

Many thanks,

Marv Freid