Subject: Re: Dallas Samson and Dalila
From: robert levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 22 Oct 2017 14:14:41 -0400

I agree, Bob and Gordon. In fact, SS, at one point, referred to it as an
Oratorio, and its lack of dramatic movement answers to that description.

But a great Delilah - Gorr, earlier Borodina and Samson - Vickers, Domingo
(vocally), McCracken - can turn it into something special. Well, about an
hour of it, as Bob says.

And the Bachanal is simply lousy circus music.
Bob L