Subject: Rosalind Elias
From: Scott Grunow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 15 Oct 2017 13:15:50 -0400

Basically she was a lyric mezzo. She may have finally found her fach, so to speak, in later performances of Zerlina and she even did La Cenerentola at Glyndebourne, I think. Though it's not like her excursions in Azucena, Amneris, and Laura damaged the voice. She seemed to be the main mezzo featured in the Metropolitan Record Club recordings, where she appears as Carmen, Amneris, and Azucena. I think her place in vocal history is determined by her creation of Erika in Barber's Vanessa.

Mezzomaniac