Subject: Re: "Celeste Aida" High Note Compilation
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 21 Oct 2017 15:42:56 -0400

The recording of it is so poor that the effect of Corelli's diminuendo must
be taken
on faith; I agree with Bob, that what he was capable of is much better
revealed in
the aria from TOSCA..   Aside from that I fail to have much "fun" with this
kind of
exercise; instead, I became tired of the relentless blasting long before it
was over
and looked fondly back at the surprising entry of Kolomon von Pataky whose
sustained, not diminuendo, B, would have been a welcome relief if it had
been
inserted later.

dtmk