Subject: Re; Albert Innaurato
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 20 Oct 2017 03:48:23 -0400

I guess that I was kind of lucky never to have been on the receiving end of Mr.
Innuarato's abusive vitriol.  He obviously knew his stuff........that's a given.  Furthermore,
he did teach me some important things.  On the debit side, I don't think it takes a person
with a PhD in Psychology or an MD in Psychiatry to be able to deduce this may have been
a man who never had a happy day in his life.  I found his responses to some posters to
be downright insulting, and I cannot blame any of these posters who felt hurt,
embarrassed, or even pulverized ----- especially those whose replies by Mr. Innaurato
were posted publicly.
     Our basic personalities are usually formed by the time we reach age six (so says
Freudm Jung, and others).  Our external experiences by that age are strongly and largely
influenced by our outside influences --------and at this age, it's by parental upbringing.
I can't be certain (can any of us?) what kind of life Mr. Innuarto lived in his formative
years.
One thing for sure:  something was "off the rails" from the onset.  He seemed to use his
astute knowledge of opera as a "whip" with which to denounce those he felt were beneath
him in knowledge of opera.  Too bad because such a state-of-affairs does little or nothing
to advance the love of opera.
     Some of these posts read like "Ding, Dong, the witch is dead", which I guess is a true
reflection of how some posters feel.  They may be perfectly justified.  It boils down to
how much crap a person is willing to countenance in someone who seemed to have such
a lofty sense of superiority.  He wrote as if "on high", which could be very off-putting.
     But consider the personal hurts, injuries to his self-esteem, and emotional abuse that
could well have played a part in his life's scenario.  It could not have been an easy
burden to carry around.  "Mrs. Claggart's Sad Life"? (his column's title, was somewhat
revealing.
     My montra in such instances is to take the positive things he brought us, remember
them, and simply forget anything else,  Albert Innaurato was a human being, perhaps a
damaged one, whose opinions should have been considered.  His flaws?  We should
simply forget about them, and consider the positive.  I see nothing further to be gained
by beating a dead horse.  He was what he was.