Subject: Re: Albert, once again
From: Robert Cardinalli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 20 Oct 2017 10:43:33 +0300

No, Stephen, he forced his way back intermittently into the list.  He was never actually invited, nor was his return pined for by members of the list.  "Complexities', you say?  That understates a pathology for using obscenities and personal assault as his only weapon of retribution.  Once, after he accused me of being a constant "c*** s*****" and "a** f*****", all because I professed admiration for Jose Van Dam's art, I asked him privately if he had ever had any personal sexual liaison in his life, let alone a satisfying one.  Typically, he was silent on that question---most likely indicating that I had hit the quick of his nail, but continued to hurl his obscene  and putrid battery acid in my face.

Soon he will no longer be a topic of conversation as we and the world of music move on.  By the way, I meant to ask him why he associated Van Dam with lurid sexual behavior unless he was privy to information no one else was aware of.  No response.

Was he really as 'brilliant" as some people say?  Of course not.  He had a penchant for writing up reams of stuff, sounding well informed, and which some people were snowed into thinking was a rare gift of erudition.  Bob K summed him up beautifully in a few lines.