Subject: Re: Albert, once again
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 19 Oct 2017 22:08:21 +0000

I do recall Albert's posting, and probably read some of them. Perhaps because they were over my head, too long or uninteresting to me, I really had no idea that he was an opera or music genius. I also had no idea that he was a nasty bully, in that I never corresponded with him or ever met him-Thank God! Whatever his faults, people are still talking about him and as Tallulah Bankhead once supposedly said - I don't care what say about me when I am gone, as long as they are still talking about me. Perhaps Albert felt the same way? On a lighter note, there is a recording on You Tube of a Met broadcast of Rigoletto in 1964. McNeil and Bergonzi are in fabulous vocal form. Gianna d Angelo is excellent as Gilda. All in all, a great afternoon at the Met!