Subject: Alberto
From: Robert Thomson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 18 Oct 2017 18:51:43 -0700

I hope I am not repeating myself but I remember listening to Albert
analyzing "La Fanciulla de West"

in one of his cassette tapes. He mentions among other things how part of
the emotional impact

of that opera comes from the sadness of the miners who work year in,
year out in isolation and

how they respond to Minnie and her reading from the Bible. If you can
get hold of this cassette,

listen to it carefully. I think you will agree with me that Albert's
knowledge and sensitivity go

way beyond the comments of Spike Hughes, William Weaver and Nico Castel
(all three of them so

great!) . Albert had deep and broad  knowledge and more than that,  a
great soul.  I mourn his passing.

Roberto il Canadese

www.godwinbooks.com

---