Subject: Re: Met IT Dept
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 16 Oct 2017 22:00:36 +0000

My job, at the time of my retirement, was Exec. Director of
Information Technology (Administrative Computing) at Pace
University in NYC, as many of you know.

Technology has passed me by over the last 18 years, but some
things remain the same. Computer systems are for those who
use them (the customer) and not a vanity experiment for so-called
computer geniuses. I had geniuses on my staff, and those who
could understand that my role was not to provide a resume for
their next job, did well. The others did not last very long! The Met
site is exhibit A in  IT Self-Promotion. I find it unbearable. There is a
great deal of truth in "keep it simple, stupid". Those who can are
actually very bright!

Bob