Subject: Re: Met IT Dept
From: Michael Liebert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 16 Oct 2017 17:41:10 -0400

On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 13:06:03 -0400, G. Paul Padillo
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I’m not really certain I understand the criticism of the calendar.  It is a
calendar and shows
>the entire month, with the remainder of the month’s performances listed in
the appropriate
>date/box.

When I just clicked on the calendar with my full screen browser, there was
no information on the screen; NONE.  I have to scroll down to see anything
because we're now beyond the 14th of the month and they show NOTHING for any
day that's past.

So, I scroll down and I see names of operas and their curtain times.  If I
hover over a box with an opera it changes to a little picture which I guess
is a publicity photo but it's so small that it's useless; and there's a "Buy
Tickets" button.  If you see casts or anything else when you hover, it might
mean the crack Met IT Team checked things out for your OS and Browser
combination but not mine.

I just want the "Calendar" to look like the one they send me in the mail
which I cannot find right now.  There I can even see information for past
performances. (Gee.  What an idea!)  I probably don't need to tell you,
unless you're a Met Newbie, that this is what the Met website looked like
before the "improvements" you laud.

>Additionally, one can change the calendar view to “All Events” – which
eliminates the
>standard calendar and brings up instead a vertical listing of the upcoming
performances

When I do this right now, it shows information for TWO whole performances.
I have to scroll for the rest.  And then I can only scroll up to the end of
the month.  The screen is mostly white with almost no information throughout
the scroll.

"All Events" doesn't show that there is a Zauberflote HD Encore presentation
in movie theaters on Wednesday.  In fact "In Cinemas, says "No events match
[my] criteria," for October.  I challenge any of you to find some indication
somewhere on the Met site to find ANY indication that there will be a
Zauberflote HD Encore on Wednesday (here in the US - I think it might be
different in Canada).

I stand by my characterization of the Met website.  It is a DISGRACE.