Subject: Re: Met IT Dept
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 16 Oct 2017 13:49:20 -0400

But I don't see why there couldn't also be a standard calendar for the "all events" mode -
it would be nice to see that format for the radio broadcasts, etc.

And I hate what I refer to as the "light show" - the ever-changing screen as you scroll
through the individual dates in that all events mode, or in the general season list. To me
it's very over-busy busy busy busy, and very distracting. It would be nice if there were at
least an option to turn that off, whereby you could still click on the links but without all
the fancy-dancy bullshit. (I used to remember the days when most web designers would
get a little overeager with fancy intro pages with cute moving graphics, etc, but there
would also usually be a prompt to turn all that off if you didn't want it - which is especially
good for repeated visits.)

One can indeed design a website that is both attractive and functional. I appreciate that
there's a lot of info accessible, but I find it a cumbersome and visually
overwrought/overdesigned site. Not a friendly place.