Subject: Re: Nell Rankin's Amneris - and a Milanov Question
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 12 Oct 2017 00:48:38 -0500

Milanov's 1953 version was spliced into the RCA Victrola reissue on L.P. in 1969.  But when RCA re-released it in 1985 on their "Opera Series", the original 1955 version was put in and the 1953 version taken out.  It turned out that no one could hear any really noticeable difference between the two and thus the reinstatement of the original 1955 version that was put on the complete recording.  I read this in Gramaphone quite a while back.