Subject: Re: FW: Martin Bernheimer has retired
From: Robert Cardinalli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 12 Oct 2017 07:29:08 +0545

We are inching our way toward a time when knowledgeable, insightful and
articulate music critics will become a thing of the past.  I think back to a
time when one had the opportunity on virtually a daily basis to read the
critical commentary of such giants as Harold Schonberg, Andrew Porter, and
Martin Bernheimer, to name but three.   While I certainly wish Mr.
Bernheimer a well-earned rest from a heavy writing schedule, I share with
all of his enthusiasts the hope that he will still keep his hand in from
time to time.  Personally, I will miss his critical commentary in a big way.

Robert Cardinalli
Kathmandu, Nepal