Subject: Re: FW: Martin Bernheimer has retired
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 11 Oct 2017 17:13:13 -0400

That is indeed sad news about Martin Bernheimer's retirement, although as someone else
said, I am happy for him but sad for us!  After John Ardoin's death, Martin was IMO the best
music critic around.  May his years of retirement be blessed with happiness and satisfaction; I
doubt that an energetic mind like his ever really retires!

In fact, given that he might need something with which to occupy his time, perhaps he could
put together for publication a compendium of his writings - essays, reviews, and transcripts of
radio talks.  Sort of like Harold C. Schonberg's "Facing the Music."

MDW