Subject: Re: FW: Martin Bernheimer has retired
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 11 Oct 2017 14:32:08 -0400

Always a pleasure to read and learn from Mr. Bernheimer. Though there is
very limited space for classical reviews in the Financial Times (perhaps
less so in the Los Angeles Times when he reviewed there), he managed it
masterfully, and with an added wit to boot. He is an honest and intelligent
critic that is very rare these days and the loss in the world of music
criticism will be tremendous.

Congratulations to Mr. Bernheimer on the lifetime of great work and hope
we'll have a chance to continue to read your comments in less formal
formats such as our Opera-L list.

Best, Vesna