Subject: Re: THe Met 'dissing' singers not in major roles in HD broadcasts and elsewhere
From: Andrea Julian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 11 Oct 2017 13:21:50 -0400

The small roles are listed in Opera News but I wish the Met would asterisk
the Lindemann Artists to highlight how they are participating. San
Francisco does a good job of pointing out Adler Fellows in the cast.

I loved the Clotilde, Michelle Bradley (known until recently as Tammie
Bradley). I Googled her and found out she's from a small town in Kentucky
called Versailles (rhymes with "nails") and was told she had an exceptional
voice and should go to college and study music. She arrived as a 17-year-
old who couldn't read music but she was determined to work hard.

She’s now a second-year Lindemann Artist and won first prize in the 2016
Serge and Olga Koussevitsky Young Artist Award Competition.

Here’s her first-prize recital (includes Strauss, Verdi, Mozart, Poulenc,
Duparc, spirituals):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4KtKYj_qtQ

There’s an interview near the end (47:30), where she talks about her
background.

And here’s a demo video she made in 2013, where she starts out with
Casta Diva.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFa71NiIt24