Subject: Re: False report on Hvorostovsky? Facebook
From: Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 11 Oct 2017 07:51:02 -0400

Sadly, most of the folks in the US get their 'news' from mass media outlets
like Facebook.  It is a convenient source but so often long as to make is
always suspect--yet too few ever check out the latest headlines.

In this case, Facebook tells a tragic story with tremendous emotional costs
to family, friends, and fans.  Shame on them--though nice that Tim Page
stepped in to admit his mistake and take steps to make sure it doesn't
happen again.  But can he guarantee the same scrutiny on all the other false
news?

Now more than ever we have to on our guard against the truly false news that
comes across our screens.  Not only our are emotions being manipulated but
so are our decision making abilities.

I hope with all my heart that this great man is doing well and successfully
battling his disease;  I pray his family has peace and strength and courage
and they work together for the best outcome.