Subject: Re: 1st act if Norma HD
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 8 Oct 2017 17:03:34 -0400

That is very interesting, about the sound, and we had the same problem in our theater.  I, too,
thought Radvanovsky's voice lacked its usual impact in Act 1, and I suppose this might have
accounted for my negative reaction to her opening scene.  If the sound was being
compressed, that could have accounted for my impression that she was "pecking" at the
vocal line rather than sustaining it.  My companion asked management to turn up the sound
at intermission and it was much better after that.

 I wish I could have heard La Rad live.  As I wrote in my previous post, HD sound can be

Modify your settings: