Subject: Re: 1st act of Norma in HD
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 10 Oct 2017 12:29:35 +0000

Idia

How do you know that Maria never objected to the famiiarity?

BTW, there was one night when hundreds of people screamed
"Maria" and it was beyond appopriate, the night of her return to
the Met as Tosca in 65. I imagine she did not mind. I certainly
didn't. It was a thrill! But it was a moment, not a life pattern.

This stuff is never absolute. In tennis, there are Rafa and Roger,
who are known primarily by those names to tennis fans around
the World, In fact, commentators say stuff like "before he was
Rafa" meaning before he was a mega star. They transcend the
sport!

That's different fom "Radvan" and "VickiD" which are inventions on
this forum by lazy people who can't be bothered to key the name. It
has nothing to do with personal feeling and warmth. And I would bet
you it has no life beyond a couple of very self important people who
inhabit chat groups on the Internet.

Bob