Subject: Re: 1st act of Norma in HD
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 10 Oct 2017 07:56:12 -0400

Add me to Maxie's opinion because I happen to believe that the majority of
singers actually enjoy the personal feeling and warmth of it.  Opera singers
in the main are different from movie stars who get antsy when asked for
autographs etc. and seem much snobbier.  Even "Maria" (ha!) never
objected to the familiarity.
And I also don't buy all the fuss made over "bothering" the singers for
short interviews in the HD performances is a crock.  Are you kidding me?
Why even Mr. Snobola (Pape) agreed (maybe in his case begrudgingly) to
having one -- how about that!
They love every single minute of the added publicity (or else they'd say a
firm thanks but no thanks.  No one is twisting their arm.)