Subject: Re: 1st act of Norma in HD
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 9 Oct 2017 16:30:25 -0400

After the Handel Tercenternery performance of "Semele" at Carnegie Hall a
very young me went backstage to see a spectacular cast -Horne, Ramey and
Blake - but none so dazzling as Kathleen Battle - a singing "goddess
descended" wrapped in a classical apricot colored sheath.  When I came up
to her in line, I surprised myself and her by kissing her on the cheek - it
was completely unmeditated and "of the moment..."  I had had a seat in the
front row and she said - I could see you and how much you were enjoying the
performance...I left on a cloud...but have made a point of never repeating
the intrusion.