Subject: Re: Calleja's Polione Met 10/7/21
From: DK Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 9 Oct 2017 16:21:36 -0400

Indeed.  And what is rarely if ever mentioned is the hearing capability of
the listener.  Persons who witnessed performances in the 1950s and 1960s are
presumably advanced in years, and, especially if male, have almost certainly
experienced hearing loss in at least the higher frequencies.

<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>  attended the HD version
>> I was highly disappointed on Calleja's performance last Saturday.
>> His voice sounded generic
>Generic?  I find that it has one of the most distinctive timbres of any
tenor performing today.  Indeed, we hear things entirely differently on this
>Ron Magnuson

Modify your settings: