Subject: Re: 1st act of Norma in HD
From: Tom Frey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 9 Oct 2017 16:15:10 -0400

I have met many high ranked artists back stage, Callas, Tebaldi Pavarotti, Sills , Horne, Sutherland, Corelli etc. I would never address them as a chum or close friend. After singing three to fours hours under hot stage lights in heavy costumes, I was just grateful that they would spend time with gushing fans. Once after Lucia a rabid male fan grabbed Sills and slobbered on her cheek I was surprised that she did not floor him. She was not pleased. If you show them respect and just tell them what joy they bring, most will be cordial and sign your CD and you can be on your way and they can relax and unwind, None of them owe you any more than that. Calling an artist "La Big Stuff" is not a compliment.