Subject: Re: 1st act if Norma HD
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 8 Oct 2017 12:48:09 -0400

Let me just say ditto for these favorable comments on all accounts. There
was a spontaneous applause in my theatre after 'Casta diva' which I don't
remember ever happening except for Netrebko's Lady M. I thought it was also
the best dressed Norma and, combined with Radvanovsky's gorgeously spinning
upper register, it felt as if the legendary divas from the old photographs
came to life. I do wish she does less exaggerated pianissimos, but this is
a minor quibble.

That's interesting about the sound in the theatre because we had the same
issue and, thinking that it's the matter of volume, I volunteered to walk
out before 'Casta Diva' and ask the manager to turn it up. Everything was
perfectly fine afterwards.

Best, Vesna