Subject: Re: Caballe's Norma at the Met
From: Wadeworks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 9 Oct 2017 12:56:54 -0400

I too was at one of those Caballe -Verrett Normas. I remember that much of the time on
stage she would walk back and forth downstage, when she got as far across as she was
going, she would turn, kick the train on her costume around, throw the long extension of the
wig behind her and cross the other way.   The voice was fine, but I think Verrett made a much
stronger impression as Adalgisa.  I love listening to Caballe recordings thru the 1970s, but
watching her on stage was painful.