Subject: Re: 1st act of Norma in HD
From: Wadeworks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 9 Oct 2017 12:44:21 -0400

There are instances of nasty nicknames for many singers, but that was NOT where I was
going.  I came from the era of La Divina, La Stupenda, La Superba, etc, so was wondering as
Radvanovsky is reaching the success rate in repertory where those names were applied
whether it was time for a new one.  As I said, "La Rad" has no poetry.  As an aside, wasnt
Pippo a childhood nickname that Di Stefano just kept?  I never heard it considered or treated
as a negative term.