Subject: Calleja's Polione Met 10/7/21
From: Miguel A De Virgilio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 9 Oct 2017 14:36:55 +0000

I attended the HD version
I was highly disappointed on Calleja's performance last Saturday.
His voice sounded generic , uninteresting, probably because he was having a bad day.
His best contribution came  toward the end of the last act "E  troppo tardi.."
BTW I'm I the only who noticed his off pitch note ending the "Me protegge..."
He landed "a mile"  (flat?)from the written note.
Miguel de Virgilio