Subject: Re: 1st act of Norma in HD
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 9 Oct 2017 09:45:12 -0400

Are you a Pat?  In general, I find all name abbreviations, let alone
"nicknames"
such as Pippo, rather demeaning, unless as Bob says, one happens to have a
somewhat intimate relationship with the person.  Having grown used to the
Bobs,
Bills, Dicks, and Eds I have known, I still prefer when friends and
acquaintances
adopt the full Donald for me, and I insist on referring to the operatic
character
as Giovanni, never "the Don".  Isn't it interesting that the President who
has to
be the most disrespected in American history has never, to my knowledge,
been
called anything but Donald Trump?  If he ever becomes Don in the media will
that be a sign of approval?

dtmk