Subject: Re: 1st act of Norma in HD
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 9 Oct 2017 08:55:25 -0400

Callas doing it as a familiarity toward a friend, which he was
most of the time, is quite different from one of us throwing
this stuff around as though we had dinner with them last
night.

I am guilty of one familiarity; I almost always refer to
Leonie Rysanek as Leonie, though I generally hate it when
singers are referenced by their first names. In her case,
she had a unique name which could not be confused
with any other singer, AND, everybdy called her Leonie.
It was truly her name!

Bob