Subject: Re: NORMA's high def presentation
From: John Rahbeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 8 Oct 2017 22:14:05 -0400

I disagree with that. Horne had not acquired  her trademark sound at  that
point and sounded more soprano like back then. What impressed me was not
only how Horne sang it, but hers sense  Bellini-esque bel canto style.  Sorry,
Cossotto may have been a superior Amneris to Horne, but Horne sang  circles
around Cossotto as Adalgisa. I don't what what they ate for breakfast  back
then, but that was the period when Pavarotti, Horne, and Sutherland sang
their best IMO.
John Rahbeck

In a message dated 10/8/2017 2:45:38 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,