Subject: Re: OPERA-L Digest - 13 Oct 2017 - Special issue (#2017-1005)
From: "Anderson, Marshall B" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 14 Oct 2017 00:31:12 +0000

I know Ms. DiDonato broke her foot (ankle) several years ago (maybe it happened twice)?  There's the famous production of BARBIERE where she ended up singing in a wheelchair.  And I believe that she sang some Cherubinos in Chicago on a broken foot.  TO me, it seems like she has had a slight limp ever since:  it was quite noticeable to me on opening night of LE COMTE ORY at the Met.  I'm sorry that she seems to keep injuring herself like this!  :(

Marshall Anderson

During the curtain calls, Joyce DiDonato suffered a slight mishap: after = taking a solo bow,=20 she rejoined the rest of company lined up behind her, and in doing so tri= pped and fell down=20 rather hard.  For the rest of the curtain calls, she looked as though she=  was in some pain=20 and was limping.

Our hearts went out to her and we hope that a good night=92s sleep got ri= d of any residual=20 discomfort she might have experienced.

Does anyone on the List know if Miss DiDonato is all right ?  We thought = about her all day=20 yesterday and hope she is fine now.