Subject: Re: Sexual Harrassment in opera
From: Frank Cadenhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 13 Oct 2017 16:58:08 -0400

Hey Donald,
    Here's another you can describe as a "witch hunt" if you are such a walking
moral vacuum:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/susanne-mentzer/classical-sexual-
harassme_b_12418352.html

Frank Cadenhead

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:44:24 +0000, David Shengold <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
>From:    donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Harvey Weinstein in Opera?
>
>Yet another American witch hunt.  Human's are sexual beings. Who has the
>right to determine the ways in which the pursuit of love is permissable,
>and the
>ways in which it is not?    But, since all carnal knowledge outside of
>matrimony,
>and with the hope of procreation, may be regarded as equally sinful, the
>urge
>to embrace "diversity''  might very well entail the risk of eternal
>damnation.  The
>operas in which these matters are reckoned with are too numerous to mention.
>
>dtmk

>I don't know if it is homophobia or INTERNALIZED homophobia on your part, but
I for one of sick of your references to "diversity" and "sinfulness" in this regard.
>And surely you are not so obtuse ( or mired in the 19th century)  as to construe
sexual harassment as "the pursuit of love". As  Dan Kempson's essay makes clear
( to those with eyes and any sense of decency) is that such incidents have nothing
to do with LOVE but rather with POWER and its abuse.
>You seem to want to be waspishly ( small letters) resistant to any revision of the
world as it existed in your distant youth.