Subject: Re: Harvey Weinstein in Opera?
From: Alain Letort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 13 Oct 2017 16:57:22 -0400

Dear Listers,

As I was sitting inside the Metropolitan Opera listening to “Norma” on Wednesday night, a
thought flashed through my brain: “By G*d, Pollione is nothing more than a Roman
predecessor of Harvey Weinstein !”

At least, unlike Mr. W., Pollione has the decency at the end to ascend the funeral pyre with
Norma !  (Although poor Adalgisa has to stay behind, clean up the mess they made, and
take care of the two “bambini.”)

Lynne Price and I adored the performance, by the way, we thought everything and
everybody was sensational.  I’ll try and post more later, I am plowing through hundreds of
e-mails as I had no access to the Internet while in New York.

During the curtain calls, Joyce DiDonato suffered a slight mishap: after taking a solo bow,
she rejoined the rest of company lined up behind her, and in doing so tripped and fell down
rather hard.  For the rest of the curtain calls, she looked as though she was in some pain
and was limping.

Our hearts went out to her and we hope that a good night’s sleep got rid of any residual
discomfort she might have experienced.

Does anyone on the List know if Miss DiDonato is all right ?  We thought about her all day
yesterday and hope she is fine now.

Cheers and all the best,

Alain

Alain Letort