Subject: Re: Are aging posters qualified to evaluate current singers?
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 13 Oct 2017 16:04:07 -0400

With regard to singing, I agree with what you, and most others have said,
but sadly, my experience has been different when the orchestra is given
the attention it deserves.  Upper frequency hearing loss diminishes much
of the pure pleasure to be derived from hearing melodic and harmonic
detail that composers lavish not only on the accompaniment to arias and
ensembles but on many extended passages of purely instrumental music
It is pleasure, not judgement, that is at stake.

dtmk.