Subject: Re: Wrong-composer operas
From: Godfrey Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 13 Oct 2017 12:29:10 -0400

Mercadante wrote a version of Francesa da Rimini for Madrid which was never produced until
last year I believe at Martina Franca. The role of Paolo is a mezzo; parts of the opera are very
exciting as one would expect from SM!

I have seen Auber's Manon Lescaut staged in Los Angeles about 12 yrs ago. I enjoyed it. It
has a lot more action in Louisiana than the death scene including a chorus of happy Gone-
With-the-Wind-style slaves.