Subject: Re: Nell Rankin's Amneris - and a Milanov Question
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 13 Oct 2017 13:48:44 +0000

I have heard that Rankin was the original cover in Les Troyens,
but not as Didon, rather as Cassandra, which she sang in a very
famous 1960 Scala revival with Simionato as Didon and Del
Monaco as Enee. For the record, the conductor was Kubelik.

I have no idea if it is true, in either case, but Cassandra would seem
to have been a more logical choice. Quien sabe?

Bob