Subject: Re: Nell Rankin's Amneris - and a Milanov Question
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 13 Oct 2017 09:18:52 -0400

I have the cast page for the Goetterdaemmerung which I attended on

March 23, 1974.  In it BTW Nilsson is replaced by Hunter and Chookasian

is replaced by Batyah Godfrey. She was Bonnie when we were both students

at Boston U. opera department .  Rankin was Gutrune and Third Norn and I

never heard or read that she was given this assignment as compensation

for not being the Didon cover.  This was the only time I was able to see her

on stage and I was impressed by the quality and the volume she was able

to produce.  The Gutrune tessitura was no problem.

Angelo from Boston