Subject: Nell's Norma
From: daaaac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 13 Oct 2017 01:32:23 -0400

Here’s  a transfer I made of a practice tape made by Nell Rankin, singing Casta diva.  She was pupil of Karin Branzell, as was Mignon Dunn and Frances Martin.  To my ears they share vocal traits and ranges.  Rankin sang often with orchestra along with Vissi d’arts.  Italian houses begged her to sing Butterfly, but she always said no..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA7N1z0Uy2A

Donald