Subject: Re: Age Discrimination Alert
From: Alan Agle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 13 Oct 2017 05:25:10 +0000

While it is possible that aging diminishes frequency capability, it increases sensitivity what is most essential to the art form -- musicality.

Even with a diminished frequency palette, mature patrons have an undiminished sense of phrasing, dynamics -- the myriad elements of musical interpretation, which are the essence of the musical art.

What we can certainly judge and appreciate (or not appreciate) is how the notes are sung; how the aria is presented / interpreted.  Even if we don't get all of the overtones.