Subject: Dogs and deafness
From: Jason Victor Serinus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 12 Oct 2017 20:34:39 -0700

Isaac Alan wrote:

I can no longer hear very high tones, but neither the orchestras nor the op=
eras abound in much that is included in that range.  Perhaps we could train=
beagles to assist us in our dotage, thus singers would have to pass the Do=
g test.

Response:

Quite dangerous. Judging from the way they snarl at and attack their fellow
posters, there are quite a few dogs on Opera-L, and they treat singers they
disfavor with equal harshness.

jason

---
Jason Victor Serinus http://www.jasonserinus.com     Whistler
Extraordinaire: **The Voice of Woodstock • The Pavarotti of Pucker**
Music and audiophile critic: Seattle Times, Port Townsend Leader,
Stereophile, Listen, San Francisco Classical Voice, Bay Area Reporter, Gay
City News, American Record Guide, Classical Voice North America, Stanford
Live, Opera Now, Copper, and more

"Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the
tormentor, never the tormented.” — Elie Wiesel

“This is a time to remember all of us who are LGBTQ. It’s a time to stand
out and be proud, to parade who we are, to celebrate and to let them know
we will not be silenced, we will not be stopped, we will not go back into
the closet. Together, we will love.” — JVS at our Orlando Massacre Support
Rally in Port Townsend, WA