Subject: Re: Are aging posters qualified to evaluate current singers?
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 12 Oct 2017 18:56:03 -0400

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 1:33 PM, Miguel A De Virgilio <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> According to a poster, NO. Because the majority of them have serious
> hearing impediments.
>
> (Posted with permission from  Mr. Zucker)
>
> As Addison de Witt once said to Miss Caswell - "You have a point - an
idiotic one - but a point..."

Most of us attending Opera in the early decades of the 21st century  have
some sort of impediment - among those would be hearing impediments...lose
us and you lose the audience - be grateful for what does come though
because when we go it could be like Louis XV once said - Apr├Ęs moi le
deluge..."