Subject: Re: The [Wrong] Milanov Question
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 12 Oct 2017 17:23:19 -0400

Donald Kane wrote:

"Hasn't this topic been covered often enough?  Can't we give it even a few months rest?  To
whom might it possibly be new?"

My original question, which is "new" to me in that I don't know the answer, was not on the
merits/faults of Milanov (as this thread has devolved into), which is indeed a stale and
tiresome question by now on this List.  Rather, it was specifically whether anyone around here
actually heard her sing the "O patria mia" high C pianissimo LIVE IN PERFORMANCE, including
during her early career at the Met.  I could not find an answer in the List archives.  (If you
know of one, please direct me to it.)  And unless I have missed it, no one has answered that
specific question since I posed it.  I would still like to know.  The question is not an implied
slam at Milanov, nor is it an invitation for her admirers or detractors to beat a dead horse; it
is simply an inquiry as to a fact.

MDW