Subject: Martin Bernheimer has retired
From: "Volpe, Russell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 12 Oct 2017 17:58:19 +0000

Indeed he has, and let me join the chorus of gratitude of so many for his distinguished judgment; discerning eyes and ears; witty, wise words and for his consistent ability to engage and entertain the reader.  And that's just to name a few of his many attributes.

For those of you who are interested in reading a fine, generous and spot-on tribute to Martin's magnificent career in music criticism on the occasion of his retirement from regular reviewing, here is a link to just such a piece from his friend and colleague, Jay Nordlinger of The New Criterion and National Review.

https://www.newcriterion.com/blogs/dispatch/master-critic

It has already been a strange and diminished start to the 2017-18 classical music season here in NY without my good friend Martin weighing in on the season-opening proceedings for his legions of fans.

Russ Volpe

Russell G. Volpe, DPM
Professor
Department of Orthopedics and Pediatrics
New York College of Podiatric Medicine
Foot Clinics of New York
53-55 East 124th Street
New York, New York 10035